- 1 lb (500 g) Canadian Pork loin or leg strips, trimmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegatable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Tabasco or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red or green pepper (or both) sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 2 large pita pockets, cut in half
Cut pork into small -1 x 1/4 inch (2.5cm x 6mm) strips, trimmed of visible fat.
Heat oil in non-stick pan over high heat; add pork and garlic & stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add Tabasco, oregano and cumin. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
Remove meat and add onions and peppers (if the pan is dry, add about 2 Tbsp (25 mL) of water, to steam the vegetables): Stir-fry for 4 minutes. Return meat to pan, pour lime juice over, toss and spoon into warmed pita pockets.
Serve with shredded lettuce, yogurt or sour cream and salsa.